Levine Cancer Institute is one of the leading and most innovative cancer care facilities in the country, providing a full spectrum of cancer care, breakthrough treatments, and survivorship programs throughout North and South Carolina. We operate within a unique model of care that provides diverse communities access to world-class care close to home. With more than 25 locations across the Carolinas, our hybrid model combines two important bodies of work – academics and oncology research – with compassionate, community-based cancer care.
The Senior Biostatistician is a full-time position in the Department of Cancer Biostatistics of the Levine Cancer Institute, Carolinas HealthCare System. This position will report to the department chair and will work with biostatisticians in the department and with LCI investigators in support of oncology clinical and translational studies. The scope of activities for this position includes biostatistical consulting, and the design and analysis of clinical and translational studies. The candidate will be expected to provide statistical designs and conduct statistical analyses, and will be expected to provide programming support to complete these activities. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentorship. Works with biostatisticians in the department and with clinical and translational investigators in support of oncology clinical and translational studies; designs and analyzes clinical and translational studies; biostatistics consulting; provide programming support; collaborates, develops, and maintains databases; provides technical leadership and mentorship; collaborates with cross-functional teams and independently.
- Designs and analyzes oncology clinical trials; hospital and/or large national databases; high dimensional xomics studies..
- Collaborates with LCI investigators and other biostatisticians on the development of statistical designs and statistical analysis plans for oncology clinical trials.
- Leads efforts regarding sample size calculations, generation of randomization schemes, and development of statistical methodology sections for protocols and analysis plans.
- Develops programs to execute statistical analyses of data from research studies conducted throughout the Cancer Institute.
- Collaborates with study teams in support of development of manuscripts, abstracts, posters, presentations, and other data disclosures.
- Collaborates on the design, implementation, and maintenance of analysis data sets and other integrated databases.
- Provides statistical collaborations in support of mining and querying of LCI and System wide databases.