Midwestern University Manager of Bio/Clinical Statistics
This individual will provide statistical leadership, direction and consulting to assist faculty in research design, data analysis and statistical reports for biomedical and clinical research within all colleges of Midwestern University (MWU) and the MWU Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institute (OPTI). This position will report to the Assistant Director, Research & Sponsored Programs. Responsibilities will be over both campuses. Commensurate with the applicant's experience, the position will be considered for either staff or research track faculty position.
- Prepare and review integrated statistical and clinical reports including summary statistics, graphics, tabulations, and raw data listings for clinical and research studies as well as publications using accepted statistical tools while ensuring quality controlled production
- Provide significant input into the design, preparation and review of clinical protocols and research projects by furnishing information, analysis, knowledge, insight and recommendations for use in decision making
- Design statistical sampling plans, perform data analysis and utilize statistical tools to review various Quality data
- Create statistical text for documents and protocols (study design, endpoints, sample size, methods for analysis)
- Perform power analysis for faculty justifying the sample size for Institutional Review Board and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee applications
- Other assignments, as determined by the Director and Assistant Director of Research & Sponsored Programs
- Masters Degree in statistics or statistics related field with relevant work experience
- Experience with MS Office, computer management and data analysis with either SAS, SPSS or R. Background experience in multivariate biostatistics, longitudinal analysis and statistical simulation are required.
- Demonstrates clear and concise verbal and written skills
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.