Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology, or public health required; PhD in statistics, epidemiology, or public health preferred.
- At least 5 years of statistical data management and analysis experience.
- Experience in data quality control and data management of cross-sectional nationally representative household survey data.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in data analysis using statistical software packages including SPSS, SAS or Stata for household sample surveys.
- Strong knowledge on descriptive and multivariate statistical models using complex sample designs.
- Strong knowledge of sample design and weighting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Significant experience in preparing PowerPoint presentations using statistical data graphs and tables.
- Experience in developing conference presentations and research publications.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. This is a CDC Foundation position that will work directly with CDC and most likely to be placed at a CDC location.
To apply: Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to: FEapply@cdcfoundation.org. Please put “Statistician - 357” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the FEapply@cdcfoundation.org email address will not be accepted. Relocation expenses not included. Resumes will be accepted through January 17, 2017.
When applying at the above mentioned email address, the auto-reply message will contain a Pre-Offer Voluntary Self-Identification Form. In an effort to comply with requirements regarding government recordkeeping, reporting, and other legal obligations, which may apply, we invite you to complete this applicant data survey. Although this form is voluntary we hope you choose to fill it out in order to help us fulfill our requirements. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. See further details on form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.