The Director Reporting oversees the operational data and reporting of all assessment programs and products. Works collaboratively with other stakeholders and is responsible for developing and defining the vision for reporting within the organization, both for complex, large scale, high stakes programs and small scale, simpler, rapid turnaround district products. Designs, supports, and guides the implementation of enterprise improvement initiatives related to structure, operational procedures and communication strategies while maintaining a high quality of all assessment data related deliverables. Develops and implements the strategy, planning, budgeting and administration of all data and reporting activities for the organization. This includes aligning resources to the corporate business plan and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and with quality that meets business requirements. Analyzes the policy and business implications of all data and reporting initiatives. Prioritizes, designs and leads all necessary change management activities to meet evolving business conditions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance and vision for both current and next generation reporting.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of data and reporting teams.
- Ensure reporting systems reflect valid data and encourage interpretations that can be supported by the measurement solution.
- Drive the monitoring of current processes, identify opportunities for improvement, design, and document improvements.
- Design data systems aligned with accepted measurement practices and data analyses standards.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop data flow and reporting plans including requirements, tasks, and milestones.
- Represent the program/product at internal meetings, serve as the first point of contact for client requests, and serve as the first point of contact for functional groups regarding data flow and reporting procedures.
- Inform R&D efforts according to client and market need.
- Serve as an advocate for Data & Reporting Service (DRS) capabilities when working with other functional groups and help drive towards a cost effective, efficient, solution that aligns with what the client is trying to achieve.
- Identify, implement and document a framework to ensure effective operations controls and meaningful communication on reporting capabilities and activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments to include client management, IT and measurement services in defining reporting requirements, establishing time frames for delivery, reviewing for quality and reconciling data.
- Define and implement operational procedures, lead the data and reporting staff in the management of projects and resources.