Job Title: HSI STEM Lead Evaluator
Wage: $52,000 - $60,000 per year, exempt, full-time, fully benefited ($25.00-$28.85/hr).
Supervisors: Lisa Castellino & Matthew Johnson/Amy Sprowles
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and in collaboration with the Principal Investigators (PIs) associated with the HSU HSI STEM GRANT the incumbent will be the primary research analyst responsible for the HSI STEM Grant Program Evaluation. This work includes developing and implementing structural equation modeling and multi-variate analyses to test program efficacy; reporting findings to stakeholders and program implementers; inform campus community about impact of programs; collaborating with (PIs) on development and follow-up of assessment activities related to the grant; contributing to professional presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts of the project; and collaborating with other HSI STEM-funded California State University Campuses on collective assessment of shared activities. This is a grant-funded position and will begin upon being filled and will continue through September 30, 2021.
Essential functions of the job:
- 40% Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using advanced statistics to include (but not limited to regression analysis, multi-level modeling, pattern analysis and predictive modeling
- 15% Develop and implement integrated program evaluations for interventions listed in the HSI STEM Grant, including appropriate sampling methodology
- 10% Development of data models to collect and maintain program level results
- 10% Create accurate and meaningful reports of evaluation results for both internal and external stakeholders
- 10% Contribute to professional presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts of the project
- 15% Develop working relationships and partnerships with on and off campus partners and stakeholders
- Doctoral degree required in related field (such as Statistics, Research Design and Analyses, Social or Natural Sciences) required, with a minimum of 5 years of effective project management experience in an educational setting or program.
- Knowledge of educational research and evaluation methodologies including experience with empirical data collection, analysis, synthesis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience conducting structural equation modeling; confirmatory analyses, and multi-variate analyses or related inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international education issues, trends, concepts, policies and practices (general and special education).
- Excellent communication skills with experience in presenting complex ideas in clear and innovative ways.
- Project and budget management and tracking skills essential, with general management and supervision skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability write professional manuscripts and to present engaging and enlightening presentations about outcomes of evaluations and assessments to large groups of people. Previous post-doctoral research preferred.
Application Instructions: To apply submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three professional references along with the HSU SPF Employee Information Form for Applicants to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review date: Application review will begin 15 February and will remain open until filled.
For a full job description, see http://www2.humboldt.edu/hsuhr/documents/HSISTEMLeadEvaluator.pdf