At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
Execute tactical activities supporting Integrated business planning and monthly business reviews; participate in the development of highly predictable demand based sales forecasts for all products in the business portfolio; work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for executing tactical components of monthly business reviews including but not limited to: consensus forecasts, cross-functional assumption alignment, and management review presentations; regularly perform sales forecasts and influence those outside of direct control, resolving conflicts to deliver consensus forecasts across the functional groups.
2. Support and participate in the preparation and presentation of short and long term volume sales forecasts at an item level.
3. Drive the implementation of advanced analytics in business processes, KPI's and predictive modeling.
4. Preparation of standard corporate package pages and supporting documentation as well as coordination/communication of the forecast with Finance. This may include providing key assumptions, findings and observations along with actionable information; interpret ambiguous data; draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
5. Learn to provide market insight and analysis within the department or the business unit while utilizing statistical programming methodology and data analysis skills.
6. Develop and recommend contingency plans in response to unexpected changes in demand/supply; provide timely and thorough assessment of problems and formulate solutions; propose solutions which present minimal disruption to the business; develop processes to mitigate recurrence.