Nationwide Children’s Hospital (NCH) is seeking a healthcare data scientist with expertise in statistical and predictive modeling, machine learning, and/or text analytics including NLP. Join a team of highly capable PhD and MS scientists working a mix of projects related to healthcare research and clinical healthcare delivery. Successful candidates will have a MS degree with 5+ years of experience or a PhD.
1. Participate in requirement gathering, planning, technical design, and implementation for data science projects
2. Provide level of effort and schedule estimates to help with project planning
3. Serve as project owner/manager for one or more data science projects
4. Serve as a local expert in one or more technical areas related to data analytics
5. Work both independently and in small teams to develop data analytic solutions
6. May mentor junior data scientists and may occasionally provide work direction and/or supervise staff such as subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
7. Work with both clinical and research data while keeping PHI exposure to a need-only basis
8. Adhere to and contribute to the development of best practices for statistical modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, data mining, and big data management and analytics
9. Share knowledge and be a good team player
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead Data Scientist