We are seeking a R&D S&E, Mathematics.The goal of the hire is to significantly increase Sandia's capacity to conduct high quality interdisciplinary research across the lab.In particular, this position is for an experienced statistician to serve in a leadership role for the Statistical Sciences department with the following responsibilities.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct and manage technical work and lead interdisciplinary teams in developing and implementing innovative statistical solutions to challenging National security problems.
- Assist department manager in strategic planning and help grow the statistics capability for Sandia.
- Advance and guide a research portfolio for the department and increase visibility of the department in the broader statistics community.
The Statistical Sciences department provides statistical expertise and support to all of Sandia mission areas. Statisticians within the department participate as collaborators, principal investigators, and consultants in a broad range of activities that extend across and outside the Laboratories. The activities include project participation (via statistical analysis and methodology development), applied research and development, teaching, and publishing. Areas of emphasis include design of experiments, industrial statistics, statistical quality control, probabilistic modeling and computer simulation, Bayesian statistics, spatial data analysis, functional data analysis, data mining, reliability and maintainability analysis, margin and uncertainty analysis, and metrology.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.