PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification)
· Analyzes and interprets local jurisdiction’s financial reports.
· Produces municipal financial analysis using generally recognized economic indicators.
· Analyzes and interprets local labor contracts and salary schedules for entry into a longitudinal searchable database.
· Prepares exhibits from the database for Local affiliate use in negotiations, arbitrations and meetings.
· Analyzes and interprets local jurisdictions’ health benefits packages.
· Responds to inquiries from Local affiliates for copies of publications, clause searches, arbitrator background information, and questions about
municipal financial analysis.
· Develops curriculum for use in educational workshops. May also present curriculum as subject matter expert.
· Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
IAFF staff, officers, directors, affiliates, government officials, and outside vendors.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the department director. Duties are performed independently within procedural guidelines and with occasional supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as Economics, Finance, Public or Business Administration. Masters preferred. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Previous work experience with state/local governments and/or labor unions helpful. Must be highly proficient in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
· Knowledge of labor laws, and financial and economic indicators for analysis.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and concisely report economic/financial data.
· Excellent research and analytical skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - expert ability in Excel and other statistical packages highly desired.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations for the purpose of accomplishing results.
· Ability to collect and analyze information, make sound logical conclusions.
· Ability to make presentations both visually and orally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet established timelines.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to work with staff at all levels of the union.
· Work is performed in an office environment. Some overtime and travel may be required.
· Regular attendance during regularly scheduled business hours is required.
· Must be available and subject to in-person supervision during working hours and in-person interaction with co-workers and supervisors.
Please submit a cover letter addressing the specifics of the position along with your resume.
The IAFF is an EEO/AA employer, and members of traditionally disadvantaged groups are strong encouraged to apply.