About the Social Science team at GfK:
Government, academic, NGO, and commercial clients turn to us for our social science expertise, combined with GfK’s cutting-edge digital research tools. One key research asset for GfK’s clients is the KnowledgePanel®, the largest probability-sample based panel in the United States, with more than 55,000 members – allowing us to conduct large important studies with a single mode of survey administration. GfK can also integrate rich data sources, as well as passive or behavioral tracking of respondents, to deliver additional insights and analytical options. This Social Science team also excels at building custom panels for clients, who have mission-critical research needs. Clients turn to us for rigorous measurement, population surveillance, regulatory reporting or input to public policy – with studies showcased in literally scores of academic journals and conferences. We are committed to being leaders in the highest-quality online research, built on social science principles and probability sampling – and we conduct research to advance this space. With so many researchers looking to innovate and find ways to conduct high-quality research online, GfK is well positioned to meet the future of social science research. We are looking for new team members who share our commitment and excitement for this work.
Purpose of Role:
The Vice President, Consulting is responsible for account and business management of a portfolio of clients and research projects. Reporting to the Executive Vice President for Social Science research, this role is responsible for developing relationships with clients, understanding their needs and objectives, and then designing and delivering successful research.
This role requires a focus on client satisfaction, relationship management, and delivering exceptional insight and consulting. You will work in partnership with clients and their teams to identify client issues, expectations, and requirements and balance them against budget, time, and delivery constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships, inspiring confidence in our clients that GfK provides premium fact-based consultation. Balances needs of client with what is best for the company. Identifies clients’ requirements and expectations. Communicates and consults regularly with clients about their projects.
- Revenue Generation – Responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Maintains overall responsibility for work sold and ultimately, for client satisfaction.
- Supports project execution through progress reviews, client contacts, and creative problem-solving.
- Identifies situations where collaboration with clients can result in publishable articles and presentations at professional conferences. Research writing skills and experience expected.
- Leads/participates in cross-company initiatives – change management, new analytical tools, new data tool integration, etc.
- Responsible for staff performance and management including resource allocation, project oversight, coaching, performance management, development planning, and training.