STATISTICAL ANALYST, ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND RENEWABLES EVALUATION
NMR is currently seeking candidates for a Statistical Analyst position. We are a small but expanding consulting firm specializing in the evaluation of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs.
NMR currently seeks to hire an individual possessing a graduate degree and with applied experience in designing complex samples and performing statistical analyses. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, demography or related fields plus relevant work experience in sample design, power analysis, and multivariate statistical analysis.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- Applying sampling theory to match the characteristics of the population, study needs, and resources available
- Designing samples for mail, telephone, or on-line surveys as well as field visits and in-person interviews, including stratified random samples and cluster samples
- Using power analysis, the coefficient of variation, and the finite population correction factor to determine appropriate sample sizes
- Drawing samples from sample frames supplied by clients or third parties (such as lists of customers, facilities with specific equipment installed, registered voters, or patients)
- Identifying appropriate statistical weighting and analysis procedures for sample designs
- Developing quantitative models and performing descriptive analyses using Stata, SPSS, R or similar packages
- Writing clear and concise descriptions of research results
We prefer candidates with experience addressing energy-related subjects, and who understand the principles and practices of program impact evaluation, but will consider candidates with relevant skills and expertise gained in other fields.
NMR’s core values are environmental stewardship, producing the highest quality work possible, and concern and care for colleagues’ professional and personal welfare. Accordingly, we seek to minimize our greenhouse gas emissions, and purchase offsets for the carbon output resulting from our business operations. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and offer competitive benefits including ESOP shares, health, dental, disability, 401K, T passes for those who commute via public transportation, and up to six weeks paid vacation after multiple years of employment. We also strive for a 40-hour work week.
NMR’s headquarters are near the Davis Square subway station in the Boston area, although many senior staff members work from home offices in various parts of the country. NMR is open to a similar work-from-home arrangement for this new position if the fit is right.
Please submit a resume and cover letter through this website.