Biodesix, Inc. is a leading company in the application of innovative machine learning methods to the development of mass spectrometry-based tests for medical diagnostics. Mass spectral data from biological samples are processed and combined with clinical information using a proprietary machine learning platform to produce clinically useful diagnostic tests. Biodesix has already developed, validated, and commercialized VeriStrat®, a pre-treatment serum protein test to help physicians guide therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients. It is actively working on new diagnostic tests in oncology, especially in the field of immunotherapy.
The candidate will work as part of a cross-disciplinary team of biochemists, physicists, mass spectrometry specialists, and software engineers to develop new products.
· The primary task will involve applying Biodesix’ proprietary data analysis tools to develop clinical useful molecular diagnostic tests.
· In addition, the candidate will
o develop and prototype (in Matlab and/or C#) new algorithms
o evaluate test performance using statistical methods
o create reports and summaries of their work suitable for presentation to various audiences
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be self-motivated, accurate and detail-oriented
· Ability to solve problems both independently and collaboratively
· Excellent computer skills
· Ability to effectively communicate analysis methods and results in reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Ph.D. in mathematics, physics, machine learning, mathematical statistics, or related field. THIS IS REQUIRED!
- Candidates within two months of completing their PhD will be considered
-No more than ONE postdoc
· Background in interdisciplinary research
· Experience in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, data visualization, statistical or experimental data analysis, modelling and simulation, medical statistics, HPC systems
Biodesix is a molecular diagnostics company at the forefront of innovation in oncology. We discover, develop and deliver blood-based diagnostics to answer unmet clinical questions across the continuum of lung cancer and improve the standard of care for patients.
We see both sides of lung cancer with our Biodesix Lung Reflex® testing strategy integrating the GeneStrat® genomic test and the VeriStrat® proteomic test. Results within 72-hours can inform a comprehensive treatment strategy and expedite time to treatment. A fast result turnaround time can reduce a patient’s time from diagnosis to treatment start.
Mission: Our mission is to provide innovative, blood-based diagnostics that change medical practice and improve the lives of patients with lung cancer.