About St. Cloud State University
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor's degrees were first offered in 1925. Master's degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.